Celtnet: how to make money online
Internet Marketing Make Money Online

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Breaking the Cardinal Rule



With everything that's been happening in my life recently I didn't have much time to check my website since I moved to a new hosting package. Of course, now that I'm back on the web marketing route I find that I had broken one of the cardinal rules of web marketing 'make sure that everything on your website is working'. A quick review of my eBay and Clickbank search pages revealed that because of internal Perl permissions my eBay Misspelled Listings Search Tool wasn't giving the correct misspelling suggestions. Of course, this was easy to fix. But I had lost many months' worth of traffic, income and good will. All things that will take time and effort to put right again.

Even worse, in some respects, I had completely missed one entire database in the transition so that none of my ClickBank Search pages were working at all. Not the marketplace search itself, nor the associated ClickBank article search section. The only part of my website working was the Amazon products feed search page. But this would not really attract any visitors to the site without the other pages working, as these would be the draws to traffic.

It took me half a day to fix all the problems. But I had lost almost four months' worth of both traffic and revenue. Of course, the site now works perfectly and integrates seamlessly with Amazon. Indeed, it works better than many of the other eBay misspelling tools out there. Which was my intent all along.

Now that other events in my life, such as marriage, getting my wife and her son a visa, are almost done I'm back to using my eBay Misspelled Listings Search Tool for the purpose that I originally designed it for. That is, for finding items that are misspelled on eBay and which no-one is bidding on. These can then be purchased cheaply and re-sold for a profit!

If you want to learn more about this, then why not look at my article on the subject: http://EzineArticles.com/?Using-Misspellings-to-buy-items-Cheaply-on-eBay&id=172957 which can be found at ezinearticles.com.

And, yes, I really do make money using this technique. I've also used it to cheaply source components for building a PC as well as buying SLR camera lenses and accessories. If you want to save moeny, just as I have done, why not give the tool a go? It works for all the major English-based eBay sites and using my Internationalization System it will even detect which country/region you are from so that you automatically get your own native eBay page offered to you.

Wishing you success in your internet marketing campaigns. And, don't forget, never take your eye off the ball!

Dyfed Lloyd Evans

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home