Celtnet: how to make money online
Internet Marketing Make Money Online

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Expanding the Cancer Information Site



As I wrote in my previous post, I am in the process of expanding one region of my site that is currently underperforming and which should actually have considerable potential. It's also a content-based AdSense site and it's based on a topic that I know quite a lot about as I used to conduct research into brest cancer. The thing to do now is to move the site from a niche adsense site based solely on prostate cancer and mesothelioma to a broad-based cancer site. Giving information on what cancer is and accurate information on specific cancer types.

As a result I've added a new section on generic cancer information and a section on breast cancer. There is real content here, all created from my personal knowlege. But there is also borrowed material, based on grabbing RSS feeds from other sites, which bulks-up the content of the site. An example being the cancer news page.

What I'm trying to do here is to go back to the principle that 'content is king'. I'm creating real, useful, content based on my parctical knowlege of cancer biology, cancer detection and cancer treatment. This is an information site that just happens to have Google AdSense ads embedded within that real content. What I'm doing here is moving away from all that push-push-push marketing and affiliate sites by showing that AdSense can be used with sites that contain real content to actually turn a profit for those sites.

I know I'm being heretical here, but what I'm saying is that real, proper sites with useful content and information, if packaged correctly can make the webmaster a real income. It's just a question of generating sufficient content of sufficient interest to the reader that they want to visit your site. But that content needs to be about something that will pull-in visitors who are both interested in the topic you are presenting and who will actually click on the ads being presented. After all it's making money using those ads that's the name of the game here.

But if you can do it with pure white-hat techniques, and provide useful information into the bargain then you are on the side of the angels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home