Celtnet: how to make money online
Internet Marketing Make Money Online

Friday, April 20, 2007

A New Site Section



Admittedly it's been a few weeks since my last post to this site. Mostly as I've been away visiting my wife in Senegal, West Africa. As ever, though, I have not been entirely idle during this time. It's long been an ambition of mine to expand my list of minisites to add new revenue streams. This comes from AdSense analyses I've been doing on which regions of my site have been pulling-in the most revenue. This analysis clearly indicated that my Guide to Credit Cards was by far the most efficient region of my site in terms of overall revenue. As a result of this information I did some research on business and marketing areas that would provide revenue but which, in general, were not that well served in terms of information content.

After a few weeks' research I eventually came up with the whole area of mobile phone technology as an excellent topic for creating a new information-based minisite. Further research revealed a fair amount of information on mobile phones, none of which was properly integrated. So I printed the papers out and took them with me on my trip. The long flights allowed me time to read this material and re-arrange it for my purposes so that when I came back home I could begin writing and constructing my new minisite. The result of this was the Mobile Phone Information minisite. An adsense targeted site that still relies on proper, real, content to pull-in visitors.

It's interesting, but the creation of this latest minisite also allowed me to re-examine and alter the placement of AdSense advertisements on my various minisites. They were all updated last night and the strategy seems to have worked in that already today I have generated three times as much revenue as I did at this same point in time yesterday. Which just goes to prove that the task of adding new content to a website and of modifying and managing the placement of ads is never-ending. If you take a break from these tasks then you will lose out on overall income.

In truth, I suppose, I am more than a little obsessed with my website and whatever I do I don't completely rest from working on and thinking about the site. A good case in point is my trip to West Africa. Even whilst I was going round the markets with my wife I couldn't help but think about the recipe and spice section of my recipe-based sites and I ended-up buying small quantities of herbs and spices that are either unique to or which can be bought chealpy in West Africa. As a result, as well as my original Guide to Spices I have now added a new Guide to Herbs to my site. Again, whilst adding this page (which is continually being updated) I also had an opportunity to play around with and modify the advertisements on this and related pages. Which, again, I hope will bring me further increased revenue.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home