Celtnet: how to make money online
Internet Marketing Make Money Online

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Don't Ignore your Website when Adding New Content



As you'll know from my most recent posts I've been working both on adding more content to my site and on re-jigging existing pages to improve ad layout and click-throughs for my AdSense ads. All of this, as I've said before, is based on having real content to pull visitors to this site and using AdSense to monetize the site itself.

I've been involved in a flurry of activity to add as much content as possible. Which means both adding original content written by myself, as in my Mobile Phone Information minisite and using others' articles to wrap around affiliate content, as in my Mobile Phone Ringtones page or my Recipe-based Amazon Book Search page.

All this, of course, is excellent and it follows exactly the behaviour in the Multiple Sources on Income programme. To this extent I've been adding some serious affiliate programmes to my portfolio, such as the Credit Card affiliate site.

But there's one thing I forgot to do and that was to keep an eye on the remainder of my website. After all, much of the other things I have to offer on my site is pretty niche: based on Celtic Deities and Celtic Texts. Basically I'd been ignoring this bit of my site (which, in terms of number of pages at least, is a significant portion of the site).

Here's the shock I had yesterday: From the Google AdSense stats I know that about 3000 people a day visit my AdSense monetized pages. Effectively 90000 people every month. But the thing is, when I looked at my overall weblogs I was getting 230000 visits every month. 140000 of my visitors weren't even seeing an ad!

Effectively I was squandering over half my website. This has led to some frenetic activity over yesterday and today to include AdSense ads on pages such as Celtic Gods Search page and on individual results pages such as the Mad Merlin information page. Basically, any page that didn't already have ads on them gained a header ad and a right sidebar ad.

It'll take me a few more hours today to cascade these changes through the site, but tomorrow I'm going to make a difference: which it should.

One other thing I noticed is now much my inbound traffic has increased over the past few months. The curve is nicely exponential at the moment and it's all because I practiced what I preached in actually using the techniques that you will find in my eBook on Maximizing your Web Traffic. Get the eBook and replicate exactly what I did today! And remember, unlike almost all other internet marketers and entrepreneurs I'm telling you what I've done and allowing you a peek into my web stratagems and processes right here on this blog!

The eBook mentioned above is yet another string to my marketing bow in that it's a real product being sold for a purpose. More than that it's not hype in the least, as the techniques are working for me right now! This is just the start of the eBooks for me as I will soon have a product based around spices using some of the information in my Spice Guide page along with recipes for each spice from my extensive collection. I'm also working on a book about male health, focussing primarily on the penis. But those are all projects in the pipeline (but it's important to keep goals focussed in this business!)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home